twisted jabber and xmlstream

Sylvain Thenault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed May 4 05:30:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, 03 May 2005 17:05:46 +0000, Operation Latte Thunder wrote:

> I am playing around with Jabber with Twisted.  I can receive messages just
> fine, and thats great, however, I am a bit confused about how to actually
> _send_ messages.  From what I've seen, I need to call send() on the
> xmlstream I get when I am auth'd... and thats where I get stuck.  Do I
> need to create the jabber message documents myself, or are there factory
> methods that create message, presence, iq, etc messages for me.

you have to create jabber elements by yourself, using the
twisted.xish.domish package.

> Better yet, does anybody have an example on the web somewhere?

you can find some examples in our fatima project, a jabber bot testing
client, available at http://www.logilab.org/projects/fatima/0.1
You'll find a jabber.py module in the distribution containing jabber
related code.

hope that helps
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).