Python Documentation (should be better?)

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Fri May 13 10:26:51 EDT 2005

bruno modulix wrote:

> I fail to see why would it would be better to have to open a browser, go
> to python.org, go to the doc, find the right link etc instead of just
> typing dir(xxx) and/or help(xxx).

Well, for those with Windows machines, the documentation is a simple
Start->All Programs->Python->Python Manuals. I'm somewhat amused that
the Docs don't come standard with other platforms. I guess they figure
if you're compiling from source, you'd download them to the local
machine separately.

That said, I have no clue if PHP provides a local copy of the docs. It
seems doubtful, given how people have trumpeted the user-supplied
comments aspect of the PHP docs.