subclass dialog or put in the resource files?

flupke flupke at nonexistingdomain.com
Thu May 12 03:14:36 EDT 2005

I'm using wxPython and design the gui via wxglade. One of the gui
components is a simple dialog class that gets displayed when a user
exits the program.
I want to use the same dialog but with a different text for closing
certain dialogs in the program. (it's a pure "do you want to exit
<insert screen name>" dialog)

What would i better use, knowing the rest of the gui is in a resource
(xrc) file:

1. Find some way to put a standard exit dialog in the resource file and
then somehow try to set the message to the correct one.

2. Make a simple dialog class that accepts the message to be displayed.
I could even use glade to generate the python code for a start.

What would be the better/cleaner/logical way to do this?

Thanks,
Benedict