Python Documentation (should be better?)

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Wed May 11 16:28:15 EDT 2005

Hi All--
The Python docs are not ideal.  I can never remember, for instance,
where to find string methods (not methods in the string module, but
methods with ''), but I can remember a tortured path to get me there
(yes, I know, fix my brain; easier said than done).  The module index is
good, if what you're looking for is in a module.  The tutorial is good.

I can usually end up where I want to be by picking up my copy of _Python
in a Nutshell_.  95% of the time I can find what I want in there or from
there.  The other 5% is too new, in the _Python Cookbook_ or in a
third-party module/lib.  Or it's what I'm trying to write;-)

Metta,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.andi-holmes.com/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours