MRO problems with diamond inheritance?

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Mon May 2 02:23:45 EDT 2005

Michele Simionato:

>> M.E.Farmer:
>
>> Your answer lies somewhere in this page ;)
>> http://www.python.org/2.2.2/de­scrintro.html
>
> Yes, when it refers to
>
> http://www.python.org/2.3/mro.html
>
> (section Bad Method Resolution Orders).
>
> In short, it is a feature, not a bug.

I wanted to thank you Michele for for supplying this very informative
link (and your work on the piece).

I'm just getting into Python and have been "lurking" on this list.  I
have not yet gotten into a real world problem that involved nontrivial
MRO, but recognized (as in intuitive suspicion) that such could be a
concern in a complex class pattern design.  One of those things that
keeps nagging when addressing other issues.  Now I can compartmentalize
it and make better progress :~)

Thanks again,
Lee C