Importing modules

qwweeeit at yahoo.it qwweeeit at yahoo.it
Wed May 11 09:05:47 EDT 2005

The pythonic way of programming requires, as far as I know, to spread a
big application in plenty of more manageable scripts, using import or
from ... import to connect the various modules.
In some cases there is a further complication: module importing through
an indirect mechanism, like: exec "from " + xxx + " import *".

A part the fact that I have not understood the "real" difference
between import and from ... import (or also from... import *), is it
possible to re-build the application in only one chunck?
This is only to better understand the application's structure, in order
to implement a flow chart tool.

I have already developed a cross reference tool and I applied it to
PySol (solitary card games). PySol is made up of almost 100 modules for
a total of almost 30000 lines.
To understand a program, however, you need also a flow chart...