Python forum

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 17 11:40:04 EDT 2005

On 2005-05-17, Jonas Melian <jonasmg at softhome.net> wrote:

> I'm going to say a suggestion, why don't you create a forum
> like the one of Ruby (http://www.rubyforums.com/)? for the
> novices this is a great help, better than a mail list

Says you.  I prever a newsgroup.  Mailing lists are in second
place and web forums a very distant third.  I really don't see
how pointing Mozilla or Thunderbird at a newsgroup isn't any
harder than pointing it at a web forum.

> I know that you have python-list, it's both an email and a usenet list.

And both are far better than web forums.

> But I think that a forum is great for the learning. The test
> is in gentoo's forums. They are a lot of experienced people
> answering questions without any problem and it goes very well

Except for the torture of using a web forum's UI.

[In case you can't tell, I hate web forums.  I've never seen a
single one with a suable UI.]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. My vaseline is
                                  at               RUNNING...