Finding startup files

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu May 12 10:15:42 EDT 2005

On 2005-05-11, jeff elkins <jeffelkins at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm totally new to Python (obvious,yes?) so how might argv[0] fail?

argv[0] contains whatever is put there by the program that
exec'ed you, and can therefore contain just about anything (or
nothing).  It may not contain a full path, and your program's
install directory may not be in your $PATH (it be executed by a
shortcut or symlink).

If you're controlling how the program is installed and started,
then you're probably safe.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I guess it was all a
                                  at               DREAM... or an episode of