Q: The `print' statement over Unicode

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun May 8 13:56:34 EDT 2005

Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> Then I'd honor his consistency of belief, but still consider it impolite
> in general, as asking someone to do tons of work overall to save you a bit
> is almost always impolite.

This is not what he did, though - he did not break "the protocol" by
sending in patches by email (which indeed we would reject). Instead, he
said (before) that he cannot contribute because he is
unwilling to/incapable of using a bug tracker. This is an acceptable
position: contributors are volunteers, and he choses not to volunteer.
He then has to accept (in the specific case) that the documentation is
imprecise/incomplete.

More precisely, he is correct that *his* contribution is not welcome,
contrary to my broad statement "contributions are welcome". The
more narrower statement "contributions that follow the guidelines
are welcome" still stands.

Regards,
Martin