What are OOP's Jargons and Complexities?

Dale King DaleWKing at insightbb.nospam.com
Tue May 31 07:27:01 EDT 2005

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus) wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:16:02 +0200, Tassilo v. Parseval
> <tassilo.von.parseval at rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
>>Also sprach John W. Kennedy:
>
> [...]
>

>>Most often, languages with strong typing can be found on the functional
>>front (such as ML and Haskell). These languages have a dynamic typing
>>system. I haven't yet come across a language that is both statically and
>>strongly typed, in the strictest sense of the words. I wonder whether
>>such a language would be usable at all.
>

> Modula2 claims to be both statically typed and strongly typed.  And
> your wonder at its usablity is justified.

I used a variant of Modula-2 and it was one of the best languages I have
ever used. That strong, static type checking was a very good thing. It
often took a lot of work to get the code to compile without error.
Usually those errors were the programmers fault for trying to play fast
and loose with data. But once you got it to compile it nearly always worked.

--
  Dale King