Python on a public library computer

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon May 16 19:37:12 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith <timothy at open-networks.net> wrote:
> there's a few (brave) public access unix shell providers out there. if
> you could run telnet you could use them

If you want to go that route, I highly suggest panix.com.  They've been in
business forever, are geek friendly, and have a technical support staff
(and attitude) that just can't be beat.  I get a unix shell account from
them, mostly for mail and news access (but, on occasion, it's nice to have
a unix box I can ssh into from anywhere).

They're currently running Python-2.4.  A couple of the active pythonistas
that hang out here have panix accounts.