Design advice for unit test asserters

Edvard Majakari edvard+news at majakari.net
Mon May 2 04:02:44 EDT 2005

"Gary" <gfyho at yahoo.com> writes:

Hi again,

> First, thanks to both Kent and Edvard for useful comments.
> I certainly need to consider whether it make sense to switch to py.test at
> this time; its simplicity is attractive.

For what it's worth, I've also coded a simple py.test skeleton generator,
which does have some funky features like creating working tests using existing
doctest strings in the module. For simple cases, tests work out of the box,
but mostly I use it to save typing. Of course, you'd be better off using TDD,
but the program can help you there too; it is able to create a module skeleton
out of py.test suite, though it is not very mature yet. You can grab it from
http://majakari.net/dl/pytestgen/ if you wish to try it.

--
# Edvard Majakari		Software Engineer
# PGP PUBLIC KEY available    	Soli Deo Gloria!