Problems installing SOAPpy.

Amitpython5 at aol.com Amitpython5 at aol.com
Mon May 23 13:56:14 EDT 2005

Hello,

  I'm having some problems installing SOAPpy module on my host, which  has
python 2.1
First when it attempts it import logging, it complains that classmethod is
not defined. When I commented out (import logging), I got a different errror,
about missing module thread.
Specifically:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 8, in  ?
from SOAPpy.version import __version__
File  "SOAPpy/__init__.py", line 5, in ?
from  Client      import *
File "SOAPpy/Client.py",  line 57, in ?
from Parser       import parseSOAPRPC
File "SOAPpy/Parser.py", line 10, in  ?
from wstools.XMLname import fromXMLname
File  "SOAPpy/wstools/__init__.py", line 6, in ?
import  WSDLTools
File "SOAPpy/wstools/WSDLTools.py", line 16, in  ?
from XMLSchema import XMLSchema, SchemaReader,  WSDLToolsAdapter
File "SOAPpy/wstools/XMLSchema.py", line 18, in  ?
from threading import RLock
File  "/usr/local/abinitio-V2-13-1/lib/python2.1/threading.py", line 5, in  ?
import thread
ImportError: No module named  thread

Is there way I can install thread module?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Amit.