Encryption with Python?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Thu May 26 17:35:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:16:15 +0200, rumours say that "Anthra Norell"
<anthra.norell at tiscalinet.ch> might have written:

>Why whack someone over the head who tries to develop an idea of his own.
>Such an approach isn't uncommon to earn extra credit in educational
>settings.

I would never whack someone over the head (WSOTH) who tries to develop
an idea of his own, and never will (intentionally at least --I myself
like reinventing the wheel once in a while just to make sure my synapses
still work).  However I do WSOTH for

>>I rolled my own for relatively short sequences, like passwords. The key is
>>an integer. To decrypt use the negative encryption key. I consider the
>>encryption unbreakable, as it is indistinguishable from a random sequence.

So, to be clear, my reason was your declaring that "I consider the
encryption unbreakable, as it...", and that is why I actually challenged
you to either support the unbreakability of your algorithm by supplying
sensitive data for you, or back off and simply say "ok guys, my words
were a *little* over the top".

That's all.  I see you took up the challenge and indirectly replied to
my last question, and in good spirit I say you earned a little respect
from me, at least for standing up to your words.  Now I hope no-one
gives a try to your data (for your own sake :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.