py2exe + svn - the final drama

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Fri May 6 19:02:42 EDT 2005

Just wrote:

>In article <uoebojc8g.fsf at fitlinxx.com>,
> David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> wrote:
>

>>Are you perhaps trying to update the zip file in-place while it is still
>>being used by the application?  I'm not sure that's a safe operation.
>>

>I'm sure it's not :)
>
>[lots of useful help snipped]
>
>the zipimport module has an attr called _zip_directory_cache, which is a
>dict you can .clear(). Still, reloading modules is hairy at best, its
>probably easiest to relaunch your app when the .zip file has changed.
>
>Just

what i do is as soon as the update is complete i close the app, but it
still gives the error, i tried clear() after update and before it, it
still got the same error. it's be nice to not have to fiddle around with
the zip file, i really think making py2exe create a dir instead of a zip
will be much better
here what i do anyway

if (os.name == 'nt') or (os.name == 'win32'):

            client = pysvn.Client()
            #get current revision number
            CurrentRev = client.info('').revision.number

            Check = client.update('')
            sys.path_importer_cache.clear()

            if Check.number > CurrentRev:
                self.Popup('Update installed, click ok and restart
','Update installed')
                self.Destroy()

        else:
            InfoMsg.Update(3,'No Updates needed')