Locale and cookies

dagurp at gmail.com dagurp at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:36:23 EDT 2005

I'm doing a small mod_python project and I'm using a locale for my own
language. This is not a problem until I start using cookies because the
cookie module in mod_python uses time.strftime() to write the
expiration times and therefore makes invalid cookies.
I tried to fix this by changing the locale back to "English" before
creating cookies and that works on Windows but not for Linux. If I use
"en_EN.ISO8859-1" it works on Linux but not on Windows.

I'm sure there's an easy way to fix this.