tkMessageBox dialog help

Nathan wazaah at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 07:16:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've been testing the standard dialog boxes in tkMessageBox under IDLE.
If I type for example, tkMessageBox.askyesno('test', 'test'), the dialog box
comes up fine but another window also appears. I'm guessing this is the
parent window of the message box. If I click on either of the yes/no
buttons, i get a True/False on the std out and the dialog box closes but the
parent window remains and seems to hang. This is on WinXP by the way. Is
this normal behaviour? How do I get the dialog box appearing without the
parent window or is this not possible?

Thanks,
Nathan.