Manipulating mailboxes

Laszlo Zsolt Nagy gandalf at geochemsource.com
Mon May 23 04:57:36 EDT 2005

 Hi All,

I need to create a daemon that sits on a server and forwards some
e-mails. (Well not only that, it needs to change header information
before forwarding and also insert messages into a database). The mailbox
module is fine but I do not see a way to delete/add messages - it is
ready only. The other possiblity is IMAP4 but it is bad because my
program should not store passwords for all users. I can only see one
solution right now:

1. Make a copy of the mailbox
2. Truncate the mailbox
3. Process the messages in the copy and forward the e-mails by sending
out real e-mails.

But this looks so clumsy. Is there a way to delete/add messages to
mailboxes of different users, directly?

Thanks,

  Laci 2.0