write to the same file from multiple processes at the same time?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sat May 28 14:47:56 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
> Really, I think the Python library is somewhat lacking in not
> providing a simple, unified interface for doing stuff like this.

It's got one. Well, three, actually.

The syslog module solves the problem quite nicely, but only works on
Unix. If the OP is working on Unix systems, that may be a good
solution.

The logging module has a SysLogHandler that talks to syslog on
Unix. It also has an NTEventLogHandler for use on NT. I'm not familiar
with NT's event log, but I presume it has the same kind of
functionality as Unix's syslog facility.

      <mike