ERP & CRM in Python

pinky fp at tiny.be
Thu May 5 09:47:36 EDT 2005

Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> pinky wrote:
>
> > download, doc, forum ; http://tinyerp.org
>
> Why not downloadable and printable PDF documentation instead of
> online-HTML.

Because
  1. we need interaction with contributors in our doc.
  2. we write docs in the wiki: http://tinyerp.org/wiki
We are writing a script to render a PDF from our doc. (using
openreport.org)

> HTML is _extremely_ inconvenient, both for offline use and for
> printing. Why printing? Because reading siginficant amounts of text
> on-screen is simply impossible, as is reading an on-screen manual
while
> actually trying out the software (<-> screenspace).
yes, but we need html doc for our contextual help in Tiny ERP.

> Why not mailing lists instead of online-"forums".
There is some mailing lists;
http://tinyerp.org/lists.php
... but nobody uses it.

> The former was made for efficient human-to-human communication, the
> latter not.
I agree.

Fabien