sync dir's

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue May 10 08:17:34 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:
> Gerhard Haering wrote:
>> http://osx.freshmeat.net/projects/pysync/
>>
> pysync hasn't been worked on in years by the looks of it. no new
> releases since 03. and the last release was for 2.1, so i'm dubious
> about it working at all? the windows installer doesn't work either.

You can (apparently) contact the maintainer ("ABO") for windows binaries
if you need them.  He is also on the librsync project, which has as its
latest news "0.9.6 released", and the release in 2003 of pysync was
intended to update it to use librsync 0.9.6.  That suggests to me this
is more a case of "things work" than a case of "dead project".

In any case, pysync itself doesn't even have code to walk the directory
tree or send data, just the delta/patch code, so unless you plan to
build the other parts for yourself it may not be what you need.  (On the
other hand, if you need just the delta/patch code, it sounds like it
should work fine.)  I haven't tried it myself (yet).

-Peter