atexit not being executed

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue May 3 10:57:11 EDT 2005

    Chris> I tried looking through the documentation ...

Always a good first step... <wink>

    Chris> ... and came across atexit. I tried putting this into my code and
    Chris> it never seems to actually process the atexit.register(....)
    Chris> function thus leaving me stranded. My question is what might be
    Chris> the reason for this happening ...

You didn't post any code, so I can only guess, however, if your program
exits other than by calling Py_Finalize (that is, if your program crashes or
you kill it forcefully), I don't think your registered exit functions will
be called.  If that's not the situation, post some code so people can see if
you're using the module correctly.

Skip