SSL (HTTPS) with 2.4

andreas at kostyrka.org andreas at kostyrka.org
Thu May 19 13:17:16 EDT 2005

Hi!

HTTPS over a proxy (CONNECT) hasn't worked for a long time in python
(actually it has never worked).

A quick glance at the 2.4 Changelog doesn't suggest that this has been
fixed.

So basically you've got the following options:
a) redo your own http/https support.
b) look around on the net for some patches to httplib (google is your friend)
   be aware that these are quite old patches.
c) using some external solution, like pycURL.

Andreas