wxPython: ansi or unicode?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sun May 1 05:23:31 EDT 2005

monkey wrote:
> Hi all, which should be install? Really confused @@...

Unicode.

> Is that mean unicode version used for programming in language other than
> English?

No. The Unicode version allows the underlying wxWidgets GUI toolkit to
use Unicode text. You want this.

On certain platforms, older versions of the unicode version of wxPython
were somewhat unstable. I believe this has been largely resolved, and
the ANSI versions will be going away.

I may have some details wrong. If you want an authoritative answer, ask
on the wxPython lists.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu