How "return" no return ?

Michael Spencer mahs at telcopartners.com
Thu May 12 15:11:15 EDT 2005

Ximo wrote:
> I am doing my own interpreter with the Python languaje.
>
> Do you understand me?
>

> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> escribió en el mensaje
> news:mailman.484.1115919541.29826.python-list at python.org...
>
>>"Ximo" wrote:
>>

>>>I am doing a interpret of lines and it show me a prompt, and I want if I
>>>write a declaration as "int a" my progrtam return de prompt and nothing
>>>more, for exemple:

You may be looking for the flags argument to the compile function:

  3
  >>> exec compile("int(3)","<console>","exec")
  >>>
  >>> help(compile)
  Help on built-in function compile in module __builtin__:

  compile(...)
      compile(source, filename, mode[, flags[, dont_inherit]]) -> code object

      Compile the source string (a Python module, statement or expression)
      into a code object that can be executed by the exec statement or eval().
      The filename will be used for run-time error messages.
      The mode must be 'exec' to compile a module, 'single' to compile a
      single (interactive) statement, or 'eval' to compile an expression.
      The flags argument, if present, controls which future statements influence
      the compilation of the code.
      The dont_inherit argument, if non-zero, stops the compilation inheriting
      the effects of any future statements in effect in the code calling
      compile; if absent or zero these statements do influence the compilation,
      in addition to any features explicitly specified.

Michael