sys.stderr and thread

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Tue May 31 07:56:38 EDT 2005

I have a wxpython application (the main program) and a lot of external
modules (import mymodule) that use always 2 thread (one is my
application and one is twisted with new threadselectreactor).
Sometime when I close my app, I receive a thread error that I want to
redirect to a file (I don't know why this error occur, but this is
another problem...).
I use the redirection of stderr and stdout to a file

This work for all my application, work also for an exception that I
insert for try, but not for the thread error (when this occur). Is
there a solution for redirect all the messages?

This is the exception:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method
Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-1, stopped daemon)>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 451, in __bootstrap
     self.__stop()
   File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 460, in __stop
     self.__block.notifyAll()
   File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 256, in notifyAll
     self.notify(len(self.__waiters))
   File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 238, in notify
     currentThread() # for side-effect
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Thanks,
Michele