Newbie : checking semantics

Stefan Nobis snobis at gmx.de
Mon May 16 12:37:24 EDT 2005

Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> writes:

> When you say "beginners" is that people with no previous
> programming experience

>From time to time I teach some programming (in an institution
called "Volkshochschule" here in Germany -- inexpensive courses
for adults). My Python course is for absolute beginners with no
previous programming experience of any kind.

And yes, this people have quite some difficulties to get their
blocks indented right. Before Python I used C++ in this beginner
course and at least setting the boundaries for blocks was a little
less of a problem.

So I would appreciate optional statements to end a block
(indentation rules may be mandatory). This comes also very handy
in something like Python Server Pages of mod_python (where a
comment line to explicitly end a block is sometimes needed).

--
Stefan.