sync dir's

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue May 10 07:34:54 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>
>> Timothy Smith wrote:

>>> this has to work on both windows and nix's
>>>

>> Indeed. Did I suggest anywhere that it wouldn't? The client can be any
>> type of machine that you want, and the server can be most FTP servers.
>>
>> regards
>>  Steve
>

> oic source distro = python, i assumed you were making a linuxism

Well that's because for everything but Windows (?) you only get Tools if
you download the source. IIRC the Tools directory comes in the binary
installer (or, at least, I have it somehow in my Windows Python 2.4, but
not in my Cygwin Python 2.4. So I mentioned source, but the bottom line
is that the code is accessible, even if you have to poke around for it.

Generally speaking I try to remain platform agnostic.

Since you are looking for a "low tech" solution (i.e. broadly available
on most platforms) FTP might just do the job.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/