cpu usage limit

garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Mon May 30 01:54:17 EDT 2005

elbertlev at hotmail.com wrote:
> I understand, that what I suggest does not solve the problem you want,
> but..
>
> Why do you want to restrict CPU usage to 30%? In Windows I run CPU

there might be three reasons:
1) less power consumed (notebooks, PDA's)
2) less heat from CPU
3) (cross platform) scheduling of low priority tasks (e.g. all my
background tasks are already running with lowest priority since I do not
want them to influence my desktop in any way, but still I want some of them to be
of higher priority)

generally, modern OS'es do not provide any ways to schedule tasks with
such constrains, which makes the question perfectly legitimate

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |