why and when we should do it?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 29 22:16:15 EST 2005

"Su Wei" <pollux.suwei at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:466e311e05032917387550237e at mail.gmail.com...
>i hvae seen some code like this before:

I really hope not...

>class BusinessBO :
    dev __init__(slef):
        #write you own code here
    dev businessMethod :
        #write you own code here

That is 'def', not 'dev'

>pass

This is completely useless at top (unindented) module level

>why and when we should add the keyword "pass" ?

When you need it to avoid a syntax error.  That is when you want a
'do-nothing' suite.  One example: def f(): pass

>and some time i have seen

>class SomeObject(Object) :
      #some code

>why and when we should inherit Object?

That is 'object', not 'Object'.  It makes the class new style instead of
old style.  Unless you inheret from another new-style class, which does the
same, I would advise always unless you specifically know you want an
old-style class.

Another pass example: class stuff(object): pass.  The difference between
o=object() and s=stuff() is that you can add attributes to s but not to o.

Terry J. Reedy
PS: posting plain ascii text, which this is not, makes responding easier