DLL version number

xytho33 xytho33 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 18:53:00 EST 2005

I also need to be able to get the version info from a windows DLL
preferably in the same format
as what is displayed in the properties tab.

I was overjoyed to find the little demo program filevers.py distributed in
the win32api download.

Unfortunately I get this error when I execute the script:

C:\work>getfilever.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\work\getfilever.py", line 8, in ?
    d=win32api.GetFileVersionInfo(fname, '\\')
pywintypes.error: (1812, 'GetFileVersionInfo:GetFileVersionInfoSize', 'The
specified image file did not contain a resource section.')

Anybody know what this means, or more importantly, if there is a
work-around?

Thanks,