scrollbar dependencies

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Thu Mar 3 06:43:51 EST 2005

On 3 Mar 2005 02:38:59 -0800, Harlin Seritt <harlinseritt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Pardon a question I should already know the answer to, but what are the
> *args in the:
>
> def xscrollboth(*args):
>    c1.xview(*args)
>    c2.xview(*args)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harlin

If your question is about the syntax, it's just the way of passing any number of arguments to a function as explained in:
http://docs.python.org/tut/node6.html#SECTION006730000000000000000

If your question is about what will actually be passed in these arguments, the answer is simply: I don't know, and I don't care. That's why I used a *args: I just want to pass to the c1.xview and c2.xview methods exactly what was passed to my xscrollboth function. Since Python allows me to just pass the list of arguments unchanged, I happily do it.
--
python -c 'print "".join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in "U(17zX(%,5.z^5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-"])'