Grouping code by indentation - feature or ******?

Tim Tyler tim at tt1lock.org
Sat Mar 26 10:30:33 EST 2005

Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote or quoted:
> I, Tim Tyler wrote:

> > What do you guys think about Python's grouping of code via indentation?
>
> This is a Python newsgroup. Assume that we all have been brainwashed.

;-)

I had a good look for comp.lang.python.advocacy before posting my
question - and coated my shield with a fresh dose of flame repellant.

While the question does have a trollish character - and I can
easily imagine I'm not the first to ask it and that participants
may be sick of hearing about the issue - I was sincere in wanting
to know the answer.  Fortunately, I do seem to have elicited some
intelligent responses - thanks very much to everyone who answered.

FWIW, my initial impression was "yuck".  After considering the issue,
I could see quite a few advantages.  At the moment, while rather torn
on the whole issue, I seem to be heading back in the direction of my
first impressions.