re - Question about pyFMOD importing

Heiko Wundram modelnine at ceosg.de
Mon Mar 7 06:54:20 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 12:38, lior botzer wrote:
> Were you able to hack this one ?

I haven't seen this error in a long time (as I'm no Windows user for a long
time), but from what I gather the only thing that the specified error was
telling you is the fact that the dynamic linking library that ctypes wanted
to load wasn't there. I guess that the library that ctypes looks for is the
DLL required for FMOD (in the original example).

So, basically, what I can tell you: to remedy this error, put the required DLL
(whose name you can find in the sources) somewhere on the search path, so
that it can be loaded by the C-call LoadLibrary(), which ctypes just
conveniently wraps. The library search path should include the current path
(along with %WINDIR%/system and %WINDIR%/system32), so putting the DLL there
should work too.

--
--- Heiko.