Python-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 391

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Mar 24 19:38:33 EST 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:
> I don't mean to be derisive, but the thought that someone who could
> commit this sentence should be complaining about the clarity of the
> writing in the Python docs is funny, and the didactic pose of the whole
> post is . . . derisory. The motive for the post escapes me, or I hope it
> does.

We're all pretty unclear on the motive, though some
have attributed it to sheer trolldom.

In any case, if you've missed the last few months,
you won't have seen the many similar previous posts
which clearly show that Xah Lee is (a) incompetent
or incredibly lazy at writing English, (b) incompetent
at programming in Python or other languages, and
(c) someone who fails to read or react visibly to 99%
of what is actually posted here.  He's also lacking in
various social skills and probably has BO too, but
those are his good points.

If that doesn't spell "troll", it's close enough, and
the usual advice about feeding trolls should probably
apply since rational responses are proving useless (and
in his case, very hard to come by).

Just think of him as the exception that proves the rule
about the general character of this newsgroup.

-Peter