Working on a log in script to my webpage

Joe JoeSalmeri at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:47:40 EST 2005

Pete,

What web server are you using?

Take a look at Apache and use digest authentication.  The password is not
sent in clear text and it's fairly easy to setup.  Plus you won't have to do
anything in your web pages.  Once you setup digest authentication on the web
server for the specified directories, the user will be prompted by their
browser for the user / pswd and as long as the directories they access are
using the same authentication the user will not be prompted again until they
close their session.

It's pretty easy to setup.

Joe

news:42317afe$0$13728$ba624c82 at nntp03.dk.telia.net...