Thank you. New question concerning text encoding

grumfish nobody at nowhere.com
Sat Mar 12 14:26:51 EST 2005

Patrick Useldinger wrote:

> Just a guess "in the dark" (I don't use MySQL): is "commit" implicit, or
> do you have to add it yourself?

Thank you. Inserts work fine now.

Another question. I'm trying to insert Japanese text into the table. I
created the database using 'CHARACTER SET UTF8'. In Python I do a
.encode("utf-8") on any strings before inserting them into the database.
When I try to read them back from the database I don't get the original
string. I've played with .decode("utf-8") on strings returned from MySQL
but with no luck. How can I insert Japanese text into a MySQL database
and the read it out again?