newbie help

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 24 20:25:40 EST 2005

ashtonn at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks to all for great responses. Here's what iam trying to do.
> I am writing a script to generate test patterns.

What is a test pattern?

Anyways, the time you've spent here so far could have been more
profitably spent reading the Tutorial[1], any one of the fine
introductory documentation freely available on the Web or purchasable at
a decent bookstore[2], and most importantly "How to Ask Questions the
Smart Way"[3].

[1] http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html
[2] http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html
[3] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Please do yourself and us a favor: take a break from the newsgroup for a
while, and spend some quality time with the documentation.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter