COM connection point

Oy Politics ascription at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 17:50:35 EST 2005

Hello:

I am building a COM client, with the ability to be called back by events.
The events can arrive independently from the server.  The client method is
called at the right time, so that is working.  However, one parameter is
itself a COM object, and I am having trouble with accessing the properties
of the parameter object.

Here is the output of what I have currently.

---------- Python execute ----------
event! <PyIDispatch at 0x7fb134 with obj at 0x403404>
event! <PyIDispatch at 0x7fbbf4 with obj at 0x403404>
event! <PyIDispatch at 0x7a6d24 with obj at 0x403404>

etc.  Obj is supposed to be my intended parameter.  However, when I try to
access its property, I get the following:

---------- Python execute ----------
pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 283,
in _Invoke_
    return self._invoke_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args)
  File "C:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 288,
in _invoke_
    return S_OK, -1, self._invokeex_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args, None, None)
  File "C:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 581,
in _invokeex_
    return func(*args)
  File "E:\otsl\testprojects_folder\pythoncom\pyclihh2.py", line 26, in
OnMyEvent
    print "event!", obj, obj.AProp
exceptions.AttributeError: 'PyIDispatch' object has no attribute 'AProp'

"QueryInterface" with the target IID gives the following:

exceptions.TypeError: There is no interface object registered that supports
this IID

"CastTo" gives this error:

exceptions.ValueError: This object can not be cast

Thanks a lot,
-OY