mod_python.dll not compatible with python23.dll

ShannonL at yogananda-srf.org ShannonL at yogananda-srf.org
Thu Mar 24 19:52:08 EST 2005

I just installed mod_python-3.1.3.win32-py2.3.exe which should set me up to
use mod_python with python23 on apache2, windows xp.
When I try the standard hello world test program, I get the _apache not
found in the apache module.  After searching on the web
a bit, I discovered that the mod_python.dll needs to by copied into my
python23/dll directory. I did this and I get an error telling me it can't
locate ApacheCore.dll, so I add that...I then get cannot locate
python20.dll.  Why is it looking for 20? and why wouldn't the correct
mod_python.dll be installed in the installation program mentioned above?
More importantly, where can I get the proper mod_python.dll.
If I am doing something wrong here could someone please help.  I am guessing
that I may not need the mod_python.dll file at all because
the .so file is already in the apache modules directory...and that is
supposed to be a dll.  Also...(sorry for such a long note)...why do
some web sites say that I should have LoadModule python_module
modules/mod_python.dll in my apache config file?  Apache
always fails on start up when I have this.

Thank you very much,
Shannon