typo in the library reference?

Wed Mar 23 08:13:45 EST 2005

nicke wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>Scott David Daniels wrote:
>>>Name-calling won't make anyone more likely to help you out.  This is a
>>>_collective_ effort.  You spotted a problem; submit at least a bug
>>>report if not a fix.
>>
>>To be fair, Scott, I think he was saying in effect "if
>>the docs are really accurate about this, then the
>>design is f**ked", which would be a fair and reasonable
>>statement.  I don't think he's saying that the docs
>>are incoherent and stupid as written... just wrong.
>>-Peter
>
> Thanks for sticking up for me, and yes, this was what i meant. I could
> have formulated myself a bit annorlund though, have to blame the late
> hours :P
> I'm going to submit a bug report, just don't have much experience with
> that... but hey, sometime must be the first! ;)
>
> nicke

My apologies belong in this thread.  Sorry, nicke, I react to the
"f**ked"  without considering that you might have only meant "... could
not really have been designed this way."  I seldom use such language,
and only now noticed the smiley after it.  What is the typogram for
"I feel like an idiot?"

In any case I should have been a bit more gentle in suggesting that
this is the way we help ourselves forward -- by fixing when the first
instinct is to curse.  Certainly calling anything "name-calling"
was a pretty lousy invitation to play along.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org