Is Python like VB?

scattered jcoleman at franciscan.edu
Fri Mar 18 16:11:38 EST 2005

Steve Horsley wrote:
> Were you aware that OpenOffice.org version 2.0, which is due out soon
> (beta is available for download), can have python macros, as well as
> javascript and StarOffice Basic macros?
>
> Steve

That looks promising, though not as tightly integrated as VBA is with
Excel. For now I think I will stick to my goal of learning things like
Chaco and wxPython. If I ever take the Linux plunge it's nice to know
that OpenOffice is closing the gap with Excel as far as programmability
is concerned.

-scattered