Tkinter wrappers for TkTreeCtrl and Tile

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Tue Mar 15 09:10:44 EST 2005

Harlin Seritt wrote:
> Martin,
>
> If I may ask, who actually works on the Tkinter module? Is there a
> certain group that does this? I'm just curious as I've never been able
> to find this information. I know there are, of course, someone who
> develops Tk but just not sure who does this on the Python side.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harlin

Harlin,

There is no Tkinter group of core developers, if somthing needs doing
then it is done by those who need it (AFAIK) I have made a few small
patches to Tkinter.py in the past and will do so again should I need to

I have been looking some more at Tile - it's come a long way in the
last few  months (since the last time I looked at it), I have even
started writting a *test* wrapper for it (I first had to build tcl, tk,
tile and python from source!)

I have created a Style class (as a mixin like the Pack and Grid classes
in Tkinter.py

I have also wrapped the Tile.Button but right now it extends
Tkinter.Widget class (as it is starting to look like a large chunk of
work wrapping Tile from scratch;-)

That said I have got a Tile Button example working (and I can change
it's style) so perhaps not that much work

I've cc'd the tkinter mailing list to see if there is any more interest
over there...

Cheers
Martin