[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 13 17:17:06 EST 2005

Richie Hindle wrote:
> I could try again, but maybe there's some useful information you can get
> from the partially upgraded environment.  Here's how the \python24
> directory looks:

I tried to reproduce it, and failed - if the DLL is not in use, it is
updated correctly; if it is in use, a window pops up telling you so, and
it won't let you proceed until you have terminated the process that has
it open.

However, I just noticed that the python24.dll is in c:\python24. Could
it be that you have another one in \windows\system32? If so, could it
also be that the installer has told you that the target directory
exists, and asked whether you want to proceed anyway?

In that case, your 2.4 installation was a per-user installation, and the
2.4.1c1 installation was a per-machine (allusers) installation. These
are mutually not upgradable, so you should now have the option of
uninstalling both in add-and-remove programs.

Regards,
Martin