How can I Read/Write multiple sequential Binary/Text data files

Albert Tu sjtu.0992 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:41:05 EST 2005

Dear there,

We have an x-ray CT system. The acquisition computer acquires x-ray
projections and outputs multiple data files in binary format (2-byte
unsigned integer) such as projection0.raw, projection1.raw,
projection2.raw ... up to projection500.raw. Each file is
2*1024*768-byte big.

I would like to read those files and convert to ascii files in %5.0f/n
format as projection0.data ... projection500.data so that our
visualization software can undersatnd the projection images. I was
trying to do this conversion using Python. However, I had troubles
declaring the file names using the do-loop index. Anyone had previous
experience?

Thanks,
Albert