windows bat file question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Mar 1 10:12:29 EST 2005

Tom Willis wrote:
> I'm trying to get pylint running on windows and the bat file for it
> seems a little screwy. I'm hoping someone may have figured this out
> already.
> All I get is the python prompt, the lines starting at import sys don't
> run.  If I throw the lines in a python script, I run into path issues.

What exact command are you typing to try to run it?  Where is
the script relative to the current directory?    (Best is to
cut and paste a copy of the actual command line and result
that you have in your console.)

On the topic of the "path issues" in the other case, what do you
mean by path issues?  DOS path issues?  sys.path issues?  Something
else?  What issues exactly...

-Peter