Generating RTF with Python

Axel Straschil axel at straschil.com
Thu Mar 31 10:58:38 EST 2005

Hello!

> does anyone know of a high-level solution to produce RTF from Python=20
> (something similar to
> Reportlab for producing PDF)?

Spend hours of googeling and searching, also in this NG, about two
months ago. My conclusion is: On windwos, maybe you can include some
hacks with dll's, under linux, linux support for generating rtf is none,
and so is python's.

My workaround was:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
This includes an html2rtf converter, which I access from python via
popen and temporary files. Not high-level, not very sexy ... ;-(

Lg,
AXEL.
--
"Aber naja, ich bin eher der Forentyp." Wolfibolfi's outing in
http://www.informatik-forum.at/showpost.php?p=206342&postcount=10