Setting sizes of widgets (PyGTK)

Harlin Seritt harlinseritt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 04:11:29 EST 2005

I have the following code and I would like to know how to set the
length and width of widgets like Buttons. When the window opens the
button fills up the space even though I have told it not to. Anyone
know how I can accomplish this?

:

import pygtk, gtk

class Greeter:

	def __init__(self):

		self.window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
		self.box = gtk.VBox()
		self.window.add(self.box)

		self.label = gtk.Label("Please enter your name in the box below:")
		self.namebox = gtk.Entry(12)
		self.button = gtk.Button("Greet Me!")
		self.output = gtk.Label("Your output will appear here.")

		self.box.pack_start(self.label, False, False, 2)
		self.box.pack_start(self.namebox, False, False, 2)
		self.box.pack_start(self.button, False, False, 2)
		self.box.pack_start(self.output, False, False, 2)

		self.label.show()
		self.namebox.show()
		self.button.show()
		self.output.show()