how can I put a 1Gb file in a zipfile??

RM ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 09:26:04 EST 2005

>From what I understand, Winzip uses their own proprietary version of a
Zip format.  That means that you will only be able open those archives
with Winzip. (IOW, you are locked in)

I think someone mentioned having developed a Python module for the 7zip
fomat, but I may be wrong.  In any case, you could simply write a
wrapper over the command line version of 7zip and your problem would be
solved.  There is a Linux version as well.
(http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/)