Table of Python Packages, updated

Seo Sanghyeon tinuviel at sparcs.kaist.ac.kr
Tue Mar 29 11:08:54 EST 2005

http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/pypackage/list.cgi

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 09:30:24AM -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> Very nice.  I have a couple questions.  What do the pink/grey cell
> backgrounds mean?

Pink background is "not packaged", grey background is "in progress".

For "in progress" items, links to (for now) Debian Bug Tracking System,
FreeBSD Problem Report, and Gentoo Bugzilla are provided.

For the summary line, Debian 208(41) means 208 projects are already
packaged, and 41 projects are in the progress of packaging.

> Would it make sense to add a "distutils" column for those
> packages that can be installed from source using "python setup.py
> install" or do you assume that all the listed packages have that
> capability?

Are you suggesting linking to the project's homepage, or upstream
source tarball? I am not sure whether that makes sense...

On the other hand, I think that if there are projects in the table
that doesn't use distutils yet, they should be fixed.

Seo Sanghyeon